Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Contractors and construction workers in general live by a different set of rules, I think. We have been working on the house this summer, and am amazed at the number of times people didn't show, or came late and didn't even call. I mean didn't show for DAYS or WEEKS. Or said they would be here at 7:30, then show up around 10 and not even apologize or offer any explanation. Or say the will call, and don't. Or not return phone calls. I shouldn't be surprised.... it happened when we first built the house too, but I tend to believe people. All I am saying is if your not going to do what you say you are going to do, at least call!!! aaauuuggghhhh!

On another subject.. I went to the viewing last night of Katie Burkett. Wow. I have never seen anything like it. There were so many people there.... what a testimony of her life, and how many people she touched. It was unreal. There were 2 lines, and each wrapped around inside the church for a long time. I went with Lisa, and stood in line with Vanessa, Monique and Jeremiah. We got there around 6:30, and by the time I got home, the digital clock in the bedroom let me know it was 10:45. But it was good to see Shelley, give her a hug and let her know we love her. BTW, I need her address, so if any of you have it, please email it too me... gimmegodiva@bham.rr.com . Thanks.

And thanks again to Vanessa.... I owe you 55 cents and a pack of crackers!!

2 comments:

Amy Nabors said...

i've got it. i'll forward it on to you.

Shelley Burkett said...

When I got home, my digital clock said it was 11:45 :)