Tuesday, June 3, 2008

I am a murderer....

We are having some work done around the house, and a bird nest needed to come down from under the porch. The babies had all flown away, and the nest was empty, or so I thought...... as I knocked the nest down, I see 3 little eggs teetering.... I tried to stop it, but gravity won.... and they fell down, splattering to the porch...... I felt horrible. At least they had not started to develop yet.... that would have put me over the edge. I feel horrible......
And after this happens, Hannah points up to a wire and innocently says " I think that is the Momma..."
So learn from my mistakes..... ALWAYS check the nest before you knock it down......

1 comment:

Weems World said...

you aren't the first egg-murderer:(
I did it when we moved in last fall-who knew eggs hatched in the fall-I mean really......I think the mama pooped on my car the next day:)
Okay-for real, we need to get together. My house or yours???