Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Trying to get back to normal....

We had a great time in Florida. I miss the warm weather. I got to wear shorts and feel the warm sun on my face. That was nice! The cousins had a wonderful time together... always something to do at Gram and Grandad's!
We
*rode golf carts and the 4 wheeler
*fished
*shot a BB gun (all of our eyes are still in!)
* went shopping
*made fruitcakes and apple butter
*went to the gas station with Grandad (a treat for the kids... they get to pick out candy!)
* played the wii- my arm is now sore- does that mean I am out of shape?
* called a friend (sorry it didn't work out to get together Alisa. Christa, I don't have your number! But I will see you guys in June!)
* played Bakugan- ask Holden what that is!
* went shopping
* ate yummy food
* picked oranges, lemons and avocados
* played soccer
* hung out by the pond
* went shopping
* saw Twilight again
*saw family
* played Scattergories
* built lego creations
*had a fashion show

We all had a good week. Now It is time to finish packing up Christmas and find homes for all of our new stuff..... Hope you all have a wonderful New Year! I will not stay up- but will be woken up by the sounds of fire crackers and guns going off at midnight!!

I just remembered going to New Year's eve parties in high school and having to be home at 11!! My parents didn't want me driving home with all the other people who had been drinking. I understand there reasoning now, but as a 16-17 year old, it was very frustrating!!

Oh- and somehow over the past 6 months I have gained 9 pounds. 9. Now this happened AFTER I left Godiva. I would think I would have gained the weight when I was eating chocolate everyday...... so I need to loose them, plus a few others. I guess I need to weigh myself more than once every six months!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

i've gained ten pounds in six months!! what is wrong with us??? i don't even eat Godiva!! but i do drink some starbucks fraps - crap!!! we need to get together when the kids go back to school!! i miss you!!

Christa said...

You've got 6 months to take it back off! The reunion would be good incentive I would think. I am trying to figure out how I am going to get pre-pregnancy in 8 short weeks! ;-)