Saturday, October 11, 2008

What goes around.....

I have vivid memories of rolling my eyes and asking "what kind of music is that?" when hearing what my parents were listening too. Back then, the oldies were the 50's and 60's. It took me a few years, but I finally learned to like most of it.
Today I was in the car with Hannah.I normally have the radio on the Christian station, or country or some other contemporary station but today I went through the stations and stopped on an "oldies" station--- which now play 70's and 80's music. I listened for a while, and "Ladies' Night" came on. Granted, it isn't a song I remember from high school or anything, but I still know it and started singing it. Hannah looked at me and said "Is that rap from the 1700's?" I think she meant 70's:). Anyway, I told her it is just an old song. Then later, Madonna's "Material Girl" came on. She said "Who is that??" I told her, and she said "who?" And then promptly turned up the volume on her ipod. Later she even asked "Is Madonna still alive?" Maybe she will enjoy it in a few years..... I am getting old.

3 comments:

Amy Nabors said...

oh how funny! don't you feel old when the 70s and 80s are considered oldies now? i know i do. LOL!

Just call me "B" said...

Yes, old lady! You sure are.

Weems World said...

HA-Hilarious! But I do love me some 80s music:)