Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Maybe...

Maybe I will keep the blog, but just post every once in a while... Thanks for the encouragement.
So the "winners" of my (mandy's) little pay it forward contest are Lisa, Andy and Disney Cyndi. And I think I have all of your addresses. So I have a year to send you a goody, then you have to keep it going.

Can I just say that God is so good. Some things have happened and been brought to my attention, and God has worked things out in such a wonderful way. Saving someone from a painful emotional experience, saving a group of people from a difficult task, and little things have helped as well. Me checking my messages in car line... timing on things working out... I can see God's hand in it all. He helped make an ugly situation better. I know this is very vague, but I just wanted to share how I was feeling.

On a different subject.... does anyone else feel awkward ordering at Starbuck's?? I feel like it is another language. I don't drink coffee, but I got something for Jason the other day, and felt like an 8 year old ordering from the "big "menu..... frappuccino,cappuccino, grande,expresso latte, skinny, mocha .... I really don't know what all that is... Jason told me what he wanted and I repeated it back to him to make sure I got it right, then hoped that no one asked me any questions!!! I know this may sound silly to you guys, (all 4 of you who read this!) but it really stresses me out!

Now I have to get ready for work. I am not really wanting to go. I still love Godiva, but the hours away from family, the stupid situations that have come up- more on that later maybe!- the little pay....... may be time to switch modes... maybe back to part time, just when the kids are in school. But I won't do that until after Valentine's day... and until after we all go to the dentist ... gotta use some of those benefits!!

Have a great day!

8 comments:

Andy said...

starbucks is intimidating. i hear you girl. sometimes i feel like they are scolding me and i didn't even do anything. i'm ordering something and they are making money but i feel so silly. oh well!

Lisa said...

i'm with you on the starbucks stuff - i still order small, medium or large - i'm not converting to their other sizes! i refuse. and more times than not, they get my order wrong and all it is is a 'white hot chocolate' - not hard at all, you'd think. Most of the time I get some white mocha thing with coffee in it and i don't drink coffee!!

glad you're still blogging! sorry i won't see you tonight!

alli said...

woo hoo! you're still bloggin'!

sorry I haven't called back about the chocolate....currently my mouth is watering at the thought of it...i'm waiting because I'm thinkin' I'm gonna need it Sunday/Monday-ish.

Ummm....starbucks. I rarely go. I went there last summer or so. They asked my name. I said "laverne." I just thought it'd be cool to have a starbucks cup with "laverne" written on it. They didn't even write it on the cup. The dorks. Just wrote "latte" on it. jerks.

like you lots, carol snyder.

can't wait to see you soon.

it is cool how God works things out, eh?

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your hanging in there.

Kay said...

I just found your Blog... I'll start visiting. Miss seeing you. Oh, I am a STARBUCKS fan!!!! Coffee, coffee, coffee!!!!

HoweverAlthough said...

HEY! So glad you are still blogging. And I'm assuming you don't know my long running saga with Starbucks. It's well documented on my blog...I will see if I can find the original entry and send you a link...but there are many references to it because it irritates me to death!
And yes, I agree about God working things out. Always does. Always will. :)

HoweverAlthough said...

http://howeveralthough.typepad.com/however_although_thus_sev/2007/07/you-say-hello-i.html

There you go...that's the Starbucks story.

CyndiAKADisneyqueen said...

Glad you are still blogging. Can't help with the starbucks thing ( I don't drink coffee). Yuck! I can't even stand the smell (lol).