Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Home again, Home again, jiggity jig...


I thought this pic would be at the bottom of the entry, but here it is at the top.... it is the fam pic from our Christmas cards!!
Well, we have been home a week now, but it seems like we just got back. The trip to FL was great.... loved seeing my family. I got to see my parents, aunts and uncles and 1 sister. The other was out of town, but I will see her and my cool BIL and nephews in March. ( I decided to go back during spring break!) I really wish we lived closer to my family. I am always so sad when I leave, and I cried like a baby in the shower after my sister left my parents' house to go back to Orlando- so if you read this ,Jen, I miss you more than you know!! :-)
Hannah decided to have her B-day party with her cousins- so I know she misses them terribly as well. But we will be back in FL before I know it!! Time passes so quickly. And I will be back this summer as well. My baby nephew graduates from high school. I don't know how that is possible. I was just his nanny last year.... or so it seems!! And when did I get old enough to have a nephew almost in college?????

Back to our trip- Mom and Dad are remodeling part of their house... and Jason and I got to bring home a huge wall unit.... shelves, cabinets!, drawers.... it is great! And it also is FULL of memories for me. I had "my drawer" which was full of craft stuff, stickers, candy -I am sure! and games. And I also remember dusting it.... thank goodness for swiffer dusters... I wish I had them back then!. We also got a couch and a chair. Needless to say, we looked like the Clampetts. We had a trailer on the back of the van , and the couch was ON TOP of the van!! and a dirt bike on the tongue of the trailer! It took an extra 3 hours to get home, but everything made it in 1 piece!! I haven't had much time to fill it up- I have worked almost everyday at Godiva...... but my schedule will be back to normal soon. I will post pictures as soon as I get them on the computer.
What else... oh- fyi- the Burger king/ gas station combo somewhere on 10 before Tallahassee-- not the best place to eat. Holden got sick ( I am so thankful he told us in time for us to pull over and get him out of the car before it happened. A car that smells like vomit would not have been a good thing!!!) and Hannah and Jason both had stomach issues that day!! I just had an egg biscuit- I guess that was safe!!
I need to get back to what I stayed in today to do... clean! I will post some pics later!!!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

love the christmas picture - great shot!! hope you got some stuff done today! i've been in cleaning mode too. SO not fun.

Just call me "B" said...

I am laughing at the couch on top of the van.

Man, I wish I would have passed you on the interstate. I just love that!